Headlights plays very vital role for every vehicle. Headlamps are center of attraction for almost every car, moreover these are the most costliest part for most of the bog machines made of BMW, Merc, lexas, Volkswagen, Aston Martin and so on..
Apart from being costliest part it is one the most important safety component or night drives. Full beam light with 100% output is highly important for safe drive in cloudy nights. However, with the passage of time, headlamp lenses can haze over from the effects of sunlight, pollution, car wash chemicals and road grit, blocking light output and reducing nighttime driving visibility.
In order to get rid of this problem and to ensure your safety measure and one can easily save hundreds of dollars rather than getting replaced the headlights, by effectively polishing car headlights with Headlights Polish Kits easily available in the market. So you can save enough dollars that adds some extra service dollars to your shop at the same time.
The polishing kit lets you restore a cloudy, yellowed or scratched plastic headlight lens to “like new” clarity in less than 45 minutes without special tools or training. Kits include everything needed to bring two dull headlamps back to life!
Below are the quick steps you should follow to polish headlights and to get new headlights for your car:
- Mask off the area around the headlamp so you won’t scratch or damage the paint or any trim, chrome or chromed plastic.
- Clean the lens surface to remove any abrasive dirt. Dry the surface and clean again. One grain of sand will leave big, ugly scratches.
- Sand the surface of the lens with 1000-grit wet/dry sandpaper. Keep the surface completely wet while you do this. Use the palm of your hand to conform to the curved surface of the lens. Sand in one direction.
- Sand again with finer paper at right angles. Repeat with successively finer paper. Take your time and be thorough.
- Polish the lens surface with compound to remove the last bit of haze.
We hope you will love the above tips and apply the same to your car to save your precious dollars and ensure more safety for your night drives.